Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro VC USD Lens (Canon) Firmware Update Released
Tamron officially released new firmware update for SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD (Model F017) for Canon to address Canon EOS 5D Mark IV issues.
We wish to notify you that we will perform updating of the firmware for our SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO1:1 VC USD (Model F017) for Canon.
- SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD (Model F017) for Canon
Firmware update will not be required for lenses with these serial numbers.
- When used in combination with the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, behavior where the camera takes several seconds to start up when first switched on after mounting the lens has been improved.
- When used in combination with the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, behavior where power consumption was high with the lens mounted and where the camera’s battery charge would continue to drain even when the camera was switched off and stowed with the lenses mounted has been improved.
How to update the firmware
- The firmware can be updated using the TAP-in Console (sold separately.) Using the TAP-in Console accessory, customers can update the firmware themselves.
- For those who require firmware update service, please contact your local Tamron distributor for more details.
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro VC USD Lens for Canon: $649 at Amazon, B&H.
Via: The Digital Picture