Tamron today officially announced the development of the 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD lens for Sony and Fujifilm mirrorless cameras. The price and availability are not announced yet.
Tamron’s first Fujifilm X-mount lens developed at the same time as Sony E-mount, a high-magnification zoom that achieves a zoom ratio of 16.6x
Tamron Co., Ltd. (President: Shiro Asaka, Headquarters: Saitama City), a comprehensive optical equipment manufacturer, announces that it is developing our first Fujifilm X-mount lens at the same time as Sony E-mount.
With the release of the large-diameter standard zoom lens “28-75mm F / 2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036)” compatible with 35mm full-size mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras for Sony E-mount in 2018, it is compatible with mirrorless cameras for Sony E-mount. We have expanded the lineup of lenses. During that time, many users have asked us to expand the lens lineup for mirrorless cameras and to develop mounts from other companies, and we have been studying development for some time. This time, as the first lens for Fujifilm X mount, we have a prospect of developing a high magnification zoom lens, which we are good at, and for Sony E mount and Fujifilm X mount, the world’s first * 1) , zoom ratio 16.6 times. We are pleased to announce the “18-300mm F / 3.5-6.3 Di III-A * 2) VC VXD (Model B061), a high-power zoom lens compatible with APS-C size mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras .
We will continue to strive to develop unique products and expand compatible mounts so that people all over the world can enjoy photography more.
|18-300mm F / 3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD
Sony E mount / Fujifilm X mount
|Scheduled to be released within 2021 * 3)
|Suggested retail price
* 1) For APS-C size mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera compatible zoom lenses. (As of June 2021. According to Tamron research)
* 2) Di III-A: APS-C size equivalent Mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera lens.
* 3) Due to the effects of the new coronavirus infection in the future, the release date and supply may be delayed.
18-300mm F / 3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD (Model B061) Overview
Model B061 was developed based on the concept of “realizing a high-magnification zoom lens that covers a wide-angle range of 27 mm to a super-telephoto range of 450 mm in 35 mm format with a single lens and enables various shooting.” It is the world’s first zoom lens compatible with APS-C size mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras, achieving a zoom ratio of 16.6x. The AF drive is equipped with a linear motor focus mechanism VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive), which is excellent in quietness and agility. By arranging the special glass material in a well-balanced manner, it maintains high depiction performance from the center to the periphery of the screen, and achieves the highest level of high image quality among high-magnification zoom lenses compatible with APS-C size mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras.
In addition, the shortest shooting distance at the wide-angle end is 0.15m, and the maximum shooting magnification is 1: 2, which is a high-magnification zoom lens, yet it demonstrates amazing close-up shooting performance. Equipped with Tamron’s original image stabilization mechanism VC (Vibration Compensation), it supports stable shooting even in the super-telephoto range.
The filter diameter is φ67mm, which is the same as most of our mirrorless lens series. It is a highly practical lens that has a full range of functions to support comfortable shooting, and allows you to easily enjoy high image quality from wide-angle to super-telephoto.
- World’s first 16.6x high magnification zoom lens
- Equipped with best-in-class high-speed, high-precision AF and VXD
- Achieves a minimum shooting distance of 0.15 m and a maximum shooting magnification of 1: 2 at the wide-angle end of 18 mm.
- Best-in-class high image quality
- Equipped with image stabilization mechanism VC
- Compact design
- Shooting support function (simple drip-proof, antifouling coat, zoom lock switch mechanism, etc.)
* As this is a product under development, specifications, appearance, performance, etc. are subject to change without notice.