Panasonic Lumix BGH1 Officially Announced, Price $1,997
Panasonic officially announced the new Panasonic LUMIX BGH1 cinema 4K box camera. The US price is $1,997.99 and it will be released on November 20, 2020. Now the new Panasonic Lumix BGH1 is available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. Order now if you are interested.
- 10.2MP M4/3 MOS Sensor, MFT Lens Mount
- 4K60, 4:2:2, H.264/H.265/HEVC Recording
- 13 Stops of Dynamic Range, HLG Imaging
- Dual-Native ISO, VariCam Look & V-Log L
- Variable Frame Rates from 60 to 240 fps
- Remote Control via USB Type-C, LAN, LANC
- Ethernet with PoE+, VBR Battery Mount
- Anamorphic Video & 3D LUT Support
- Durable Magnesium & Aluminum Body
- 12 VDC Power Adapter Included
Panasonic LUMIX Introduces BGH1 – A New Mirrorless Box-Style Cinema and Live Camera Featuring C4K/4K 60/50p and 10-Bit Video Recording
13th October 2020 – Panasonic is proud to announce the release of the its first box-style LUMIX Mirrorless Camera, DC-BGH1. Based on the Micro Four Thirds System, the new LUMIX BGH1 offers increased flexibility and access to an extensive lens lineup, bringing together technologies Panasonic has acquired though the development of professional cinema cameras, camcorders and the LUMIX GH series.
With today’s increased demand for streaming in addition to traditional broadcasting, the LUMIX BGH1 provides a versatile solution in the form of an easy-to-use expandable camera that can be used in multi-camera, drone, IP remote control and live-streaming environments.
The Panasonic LUMIX BGH1 will be available at RRP £1899.99 from mid-November 2020.
Professional-level video quality achieved by high sensitivity and wide dynamic range
The new LUMIX BGH1 integrates a 10.2-megapixel Live MOS Sensor with Dual Native ISO technology and a Venus Engine. Dual Native ISO technology seamlessly utilises two circuits to create two separate native ISO settings, which is used in Panasonic professional Varicam models. Normally, noise increases as sensitivity rises with a single native ISO image sensor, however, an image sensor with Dual Native ISO minimises noise generation by choosing an optimal circuit to use according to the sensitivity before gain processing. As a result, the BGH1 is capable of a maximum ISO 51200 high sensitivity recording.
The LUMIX BGH1 enables 4:2:0 10-bit C4K/4K 60p / 50p internal video recording. It records video with a designated gamma curve compatible with ITU-R BT.2100, and you can now choose Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) in Photo Style. A low-bit-rate recording mode C4K/4K HEVC/H.265 for HLG is also available.
The V-Log L featuring log characteristics with 13 stops of wide dynamic range is pre-installed. It is also capable of C4K/4K 4:2:2 10-bit output via HDMI.
The VFR (Variable Frame Rate) lets users record overcranked / undercranked video in C4K/4K (60 fps, maximum 2.5x slower in 24p) and FHD (240 fps, maximum 10x slower in 24p)*. The minimum frame rate for quick motion video is 2 fps.
* The angle of view is reduced when the frame rate is set to 201 fps.
User convenience in film production and simple scalability with external devices
The LUMIX BGH1 benefits from a new heat dispersion structure to achieve unlimited video recording. The body frame is composed of aluminum and magnesium alloy, making the camera both durable and lightweight.
The LUMIX BGH1 is a compact box-style camera complying with Power over Ethernet+ (PoE+) protocols. Control over maximum of 12 LUMIX BGH1 cameras*1 is available using Panasonic PC software ‘LUMIX Tether for Multicam’*². With a future firmware update, it will also support wired IP streaming (RTP/RTSP).
In addition to a USB 3.1 Type-C port, it is also equipped with a 3G-SDI and a HDMI Type-A terminal, which can be used for simultaneous output. Furthermore, Genlock IN and Timecode IN/OUT functions which enable multi-angle synchronised video recording are available, allowing the user to build a scalable system with external monitors, rigs and gimbals supplied from other manufacturers.
The LUMIX BGH1 is equipped with a double SD Card slot for backup recording or relay recording.
Other practical features
- Supports anamorphic lenses (4:3)
- Tally lamps (one front, one rear), as well as a network connection lamp
- Φ3.5 Audio (in/out) jack compatible with XLR microphone DMW-XLR1 (sold separately)
- Generic remote control unit φ2.5mm
- 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connectivity and Bluetooth 4.2 (BLE)
- Bundled accessories including a Cable lock band, AC adapter and AC cable
- Remote camera control using application software (LUMIX Tether for Multicam*² and LUMIX Sync)
- Tethered photo shooting with LUMIX Tether for Multicam*² software
- A SDK*3 (Software Development Kit) for camera control via USB will be available free of charge.
*1 Operation may be unstable depending on the connection environment and performance of the connected PC.
*2 LUMIX Tether for Multicam will be released when the BGH1 goes on sale.
*3 The SDK will be released for the owners of compatible LUMIX cameras (BGH1, S1, S1R, S1H, S5, GH5S, GH5, G9) at following site https://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/soft/tool/sdk.html on 14 October 2020.
• Some accessories are not available in some countries.
• Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.