Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.31 to 1.40
- • Added:
- – support for NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S lenses,
- – support for ML-L7 remote controls,
- – Save focus position and Recall focus position * to the roles that can be assigned using Custom Setting f2 in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU,
- – Focus ring rotation range * to the CUSTOM SETTING MENU in position f9, and
- – Switch focus/control ring roles * to the CUSTOM SETTING MENU in position f10.* As of April 20, 2022, these features are available only with NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S lenses.
- • Made the following improvements:
- – The camera focuses more readily on the subject in the center of the frame if it fails to detect the face or eyes of a portrait subject when Auto-area AF is selected for AF-area mode.
- – Memory recall has been altered so that regardless of the focus mode selected, the focus position chosen via autofocus does not change if the shutter-release button is pressed halfway while memory recall is in effect.
- • Fixed the following issues:
- – The camera would sometimes fail to focus on the subject in the focus area in pictures taken immediately after the battery was inserted.
- – Reactivating the standby timer in User Settings mode U1, U2, or U3 would cause the shutter speed to change if the stored value was slower than 30 s.
- – Pictures viewed by rotating the main command dial after zooming in on an image in “tall” (portrait) orientation in the viewfinder would not display correctly.
- – Jitter would occur in movies recorded while footage was being output to an HDMI device with 3840×2160; 60p or 3840×2160; 50p selected for Frame size/frame rate in the MOVIE SHOOTING MENU.
- – The movie-record button would not function with certain gimbals while video was being recorded to an external device via HDMI with 3840×2160; 30p, 3840×2160; 25p, or 3840×2160; 24p selected for Frame size/frame rate in the MOVIE SHOOTING MENU and 10 bit selected for Advanced > Output data depth in the SETUP MENU.
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z6 II
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z6 II
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z7 II
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z7 II