The new Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens firmware update version 05 is now available for download online. You can follow the links below to download the firmware updates:
What Does This Do?
This update (version 05) improves the accuracy of the contrast AF at distant shooting, making it easier to focus when the aperture is narrowed down to F11 or higher.Note: The lens must be attached to an E-mount body camera to perform this update. The NEX-5, NEX-3, NEX-C3, NEX-VG10, and PXW-FS7 model cameras cannot be used.Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 05.
- Resolves an issue where some products may not operate properly after updating to version 03
- Improves AF-C (continuous AF) performance for zooming when attached to an ILCE-9 camera (requires the latest ILCE-9 Camera Firmware Update)
- Improves the startup speed when using the ILCE-9
- Adds supports for continuous, blackout free shooting of up to 20 frames per second when using the ILCE-9
- Improves the autofocus tracking performance during continuous shooting of still images
Read more: Sony Black Friday Deals 2017