The new Sigma 14mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E and Leica L mounts is now officially announced. The US price is $1,599 and it will be released on June 23, 2023.
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Compatible with AF assist
- Super multi-layer coating
- Water and oil-repellent coating (front element)
- Dust and splash-resistant structure
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Undergoes SIGMA’s proprietary MTF measuring system
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- ‘Made in Japan’ craftsmanship
Launch schedule of SIGMA 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Art
SIGMA Corporation is pleased to announce the launch schedule of the SIGMA 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Art.
The world’s first and only* lens that combines an ultra-wide angle of 14mm with a maximum aperture of F1.4.
All for the best starscape photography.
The stars in the sky are a source of inspiration for viewers. On the other hand, the starry sky is a very demanding subject for a wide-angle lens, with its numerous tiny point light sources spread over the entire image. The 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Art is the world’s widest F1.4 single focal length lens*, born from our engineers’ passion for capturing the widest, brightest, highest-resolution, and most captivating starry sky possible. Thanks to SIGMA’s latest technology, the lens combines an ultra-wide angle of 14mm with a maximum aperture of F1.4. In addition, SIGMA’s lens technology has achieved high optical performance with thorough correction of sagittal coma flare, specialized functions to support starry landscape photography, and high-speed AF with HLA (High-response Linear Actuator) linear motor.
The Milky Way stretching across the night sky, twinkling stars emerging over ridgelines―The 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Art can make this a reality as a pictorial image that surpasses the actual photographic experience. Its proven ability in shooting starscapes will provide new possibilities for visual expression and enjoyment in all scenes, including daytime landscapes, architecture, and indoor photography in dark and confined spaces.
*Excluding fisheye lenses, as interchangeable lenses for mirrorless cameras and SLR cameras (as of June, 2023 by SIGMA)
■ Available: June 23, 2023
■ Supplied accessories: Case, COVER LENS CAP LC1014-01, REAR CAP LCR II, TRIPOD SOCKET TS-141, PROTECTIVE COVER PT-41, GUIDE PLATE GP-11
■ Available mounts: L-Mount, Sony E-mount
* The appearance and specifications of the products are subject to change.
* Sony E-mount lenses are developed, manufactured and sold in accordance with the E-mount specifications licensed under a license agreement with Sony Corporation.
* L-Mount is a registered trademark of Leica Camera AG.