Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens Announced, Price $597
Panasonic officially announced the new Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 full-frame mirrorless lens for L-mount. The US price is $597.99 and it will be released on July 20, 2020. Now the new Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens is available for pre-order at B&H, Adorama. Order now if you are interested.
Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens: $597.99 at B&H, Adorama.
- Designd for use with LUMIX mirrorless S-Series Full-Frame digital cameras
- Versatile focal length from ultra wide 20mm to standard 60mm
- Lightweight body construction for all day portability and comfrot
- Close-up photography with minimum focusing distance of 5.9 inch
- Excels in video recording performance with smooth exposure changes and suppressed focus breathing
- High optical performance delivers stunning image quality from center to edges
- Dust/splash/freeze-resistant rugged design withstands harsh conditions
- Lens Mount: Lens Mount: Leica L
- Lens Format: Lens Format: Full-Frame
- Fixed Mirrorless FL: Focal Length: All Zooms
- Mirrorless: Zoom: Focal Length: 20-60mm
- Maximum Aperture: Maximum Aperture: f/3.5-5.6
- Lens Type: Wide Angle To Standard Zoom Lens
- Image Stabilization: Image Stabilization: No
- Special Features: Aspherical, Dustproof/Splashproof
- Filter Size: Focal Length: 67mm
Panasonic Launches a New L-Mount Interchangeable Lens for the LUMIX S Series Full-frame Digital Single Lens Mirrorless Camera LUMIX S 20-60mm F3.5-5.6 (S-R2060)
Newark, NJ – Panasonic is proud to introduce a new interchangeable standard zoom lens, the LUMIX S 20-60mm F3.5-5.6 (S-R2060) based on the L-Mount system for the LUMIX S Series Full-frame Digital Single Lens Mirrorless Camera. Designed for professional use, the LUMIX S Series pursues uncompromising photographic expression with its high-quality cameras and lenses.
The new LUMIX S 20-60mm F3.5-5.6 is a compact, lightweight standard zoom lens that covers from ultra-wide 20mm to standard 60mm focal length for versatile use including landscape photography. The wide viewing angle makes it easier to shoot indoors where space is limited and stunning close-up capability of 5.9 inches / 0.15m (maximum magnification 0.43x) supports still life photography. The new LUMIX S 20-60mm F3.5-5.6 also ensures smooth, high quality video recording because of a mechanism that suppresses focus breathing, which can an issue in interchangeable lenses designed for still image photography.
With 11 elements in 9 groups, the use of 2 aspherical lenses and 3 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lenses effectively suppresses both axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration of magnification. Astigmatism is also corrected with these aspherical lenses, achieving high resolving performance. Furthermore, a UHR (Ultra-High Refractive Index) lens achieves uniform image quality from the center to edges of the image while contributing to downsizing of the lens unit.
With its compact, approximately 12.3 oz / 350g of light weight, the LUMIX S 20-60mm F3.5-5.6 features stunning mobility. The rugged dust/splash-resistant* design withstands use under harsh conditions even at 14°F / -10°C for high mobility. In addition, a fluorine coating on the front element repels water and oil and prevents them from attaching. The filter diameter is 67 mm, with a 9-blade circular aperture diaphragm.
Panasonic and L-Mount system alliance are committed to the development of L-Mount lenses for the further expansion of its lineup to fulfill the needs of end users.
The LUMIX S 20-60mm lens will be available at the end of July for $599.99.