Panasonic officially announced the new Lumix DMC-GX85 (GX80 in markets outside North America) micro four thirds mirrorless camera. The Panasonic GX85 camera features a 16-megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor without an optical low-pass filter, and it is capable of shooting continuously at up to 10 fps with single-shot autofocus, or 6 fps with continuous autofocus, as well as up to 40 fps when using an electronic shutter function.
Here are the Panasonic GX85 main specifications:
- 16MP Live MOS sensor
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 2.76m-Dot 0.7x electronic viewfinder
- 3.0″ 1.04m-dots tilting touchscreen LCD
- UHD 4K video recording at 30/24 fps
- ISO 25600 and 10 fps shooting with AF-S
- DFD AF system, 4K photo modes
- 5-Axis Image Stabilization, Dual I.S.
- Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens
- Post-focus technology
- 1728-zone multipattern metering system
- Wi-Fi and NFC
- Shutter speed range 60-1/16,000 sec
- Time-lapse, Stop-animation
- Built-in flash, hot shoe for external flash
The new Panasonic GX85 camera retails for only $797.95 and it is now available for pre-order at most US stores. Shipping is scheduled to start on May 20, 2016.
Panasonic Lumix GX85 Images:
Panasonic GX85 Promo Videos: