Panasonic released the new firmware Ver 1.1 for Panasonic Lumix DC-G9, firmware Ver 1.1 for Panasonic GH5s and firmware Ver 2.3 for Panasonic GH5. You can follow the links below to download the firmware updates:
- Improvement of AF performance
– AF tracking performance in video recording has been improved.
- Improvement of Body I.S.(Image Stabilizer) performance
– There were cases where peripheral distortion occurred in video recording while walking when used with Panasonic wide zoom lenses (H-F007014, H-E08018). This bug has been fixed.
- Improvement of High Resolution Mode
– Performance of motion correction has been improved.– Minimum F11 aperture can be used.– There were cases where the High Resolution Mode is force-quit when switching to playback mode. This bug has been fixed.
- Improvement of sound recording performance
– Sound quality has been improved by optimizing the noise reduction performance of internal noise cancelling microphone.
- New functions
– [L.Monochrome D] has been added to Photo Style.– [Grain Effect] can be added and adjusted in Photo Style.– [Live View Boost] has been added, which makes it easy to check the composition on the monitor in low-light environment.– Maximum 20x enlarged view is available in [MF Assist].– [Focus Ring Lock] has been added to [Custom] menu, which disables focus ring operation to lock the focus.– [WB/ISO/Expo. Button] has been added, which enables adjustment of WB/ISO/Exposure only while the exposure compensation button is pressed. This can be set [Custom]>[Operation].– [Dial] has been added to [Custom]>[Operation Lock Setting].
- Improved AF performance – increased tracking AF performance allowing users to easily follow their subject while recording movies.
- L.Monochrome D & Grain effect – The new L.monochrome D captures even darker tones and greater contrast, with grain effects available in different strengths for all monochrome settings – a fantastic addition to the mank black and white options of Lumix cameras.
- Live view boost – Viewfinder screen and LCD monitor can be displayed brighter than the image recorded, allowing users to check the composition in low light environments.
- MF assist – More accurate manual focusing for stills or moving images, thanks to up to 20x magnification available in MF assist mode.
- Night mode – Camera screen displays all information in red, so photographers and subjects are not disturbed by light emission.
- Like 709 & V-LogL improvements – Like 709, V-Log L and V-Log L View Assist in Photo Style can now be used for still photo shooting and time lapse video. [LUT monitor Display] and [LUT HDMI Display] can be used in playback mode to check the appearance.
- Improved AF performance – The autofocus for low light and low contrast shooting has been improved
- L. Monochrome D & Grain Effect – The new L.monochrome D captures even darker tones and greater contrast, with grain effects available in different strengths for all monochrome settings – a fantastic addition to the mank black and white options of Lumix cameras.
- Enhanced sound quality – Sound quality has been improved by optimising the performance of the internal noise cancelling microphone.
- Better control of video settings – Vector scope can be displayed on the screen while adjusting white balance.