The new Nikon NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 Lens is now officially announced. The US price is $296.95 and it will be released in December 2021. Now the new Nikon NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 Lens is available for pre-order at B&H. Order now if you are interested.
Nikon NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 Lens: $296.95 at B&H.
- Z-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Dual Stepping Motor AF System
- Programmable Control Ring
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 for the Nikon Z mount system
The smallest and lightest NIKKOR Z prime lens, ideal for casual everyday shooting
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation (Nikon) is pleased to announce the release of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8, a compact and lightweight prime lens compatible with full-frame (Nikon FX-format) mirrorless cameras for which the Nikon Z mount has been adopted.
The NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 is the smallest and lightest* among NIKKOR Z prime lenses, with a total length of approximately 43 mm and a weight of roughly 155 g, achieving superior portability. The NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 is perfect not only for snapshots taking advantage of the 28 mm wide angle of view, but also close-up photography utilizing its minimum focus distance of 0.19 m. As a fast, wide-angle lens that can be carried around easily, it is ideal for everyday snapshots including landscapes, cityscapes, and still photography. Furthermore, its high cost-performance makes it an ideal choice for a broad range of Z series users, from amateur photographers to professional photographers.
Nikon will continue to pursue a new dimension in optical performance while meeting users’ needs, contributing to the development of imaging culture, with the hope of expanding possibilities for imaging expression.
- *Among NIKKOR Z prime lenses for mirrorless cameras with interchangeable lenses, available as of November 18, 2021.
- The smallest and lightest body among NIKKOR Z prime lenses, with a length of approx. 43 mm and weight of approx. 155 g.
- The fast f/2.8 maximum aperture reduces the effects of camera shake, even during hand-held shooting.
- The focal length becomes 42 mm (equivalent to 35mm  format) when mounted on a DX-format camera.
- A minimum focus distance of 0.19 m allows users to get close to their subjects for dynamic photography.
- Adoption of a multi-focusing system*1 realizes natural rendering across the entire shooting range, as well as fast and accurate AF control, while maintaining a smaller body size.
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance*2 so that it can be taken anywhere with greater confidence.
- Functions such as aperture and exposure compensation can be assigned to the control ring.
- Developed with consideration for video recording with extremely quiet operation, effective focus-breathing compensation, and stable exposure.
- *1Multiple AF drive units work together to control the position of multiple focus lens groups with great precision.
- *2Thorough dust- and drip-resistance is not guaranteed in all situations or under all conditions