The previous report said the Nikon will announce two new full frame mirrorless cameras (one with 24-25MP and one with 45MP) in the end of July 2018. It is now confirmed by the Japanese website Nokishita that the Nikon full frame mirrorless camera will be announced on August 23rd, 2018.
Here are the rumored specifications of the upcoming Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras:
- Two Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras will come together: one with 24-25MP and one with 45MP (48MP is also a possibility).
- Similar body size to the recently released Sony a7 III camera but with better ergonomics and a better grip. (To compete with Sony a7 III)
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- New mirrorless mount: Nikon Z-mount
- The new mirrorless mount will allow for f/0.95 lenses – Nikon has already filed NOCT trademark and f/0.9 lens patents
- Memory cards: XQD and CF Express
- EVF resolution: 3.6MP
- Initially, three lenses will be announced: 24-70mm, 35mm and 50mm (I think the 35 and 50mm will be f/1.4). There is also talk about a 24mm, but it may come later.
- The 45MP model will be around $4,000/€4,000 in a kit with the 24-70mm lens.
- The 24MP model will be under $3,000/€3,000 (also with a lens).
Stay tuned for more info.