The Nikon camera business is undergoing a major restructuring and they are taking an aggressive approach to rebuild their camera business. According to a rumor coming out of NikonRumors, in addition to the Nikon D820 and Nikon D7300, Nikon will announce five new Nikkor lenses in 2017. Currently, we have no more info about these five Nikkor lenses.
Here is the first rumored specs list of the upcoming Nikon D7300 DSLR camera (Nikon D7200 successor):
- 20MP sensor (the same sensor as Nikon D500)
- 4K video
- 51 points AF
In addition, The Nikon D750 replacement (D760) is rumored to be announced late 2017 or early 2018. Nikon recently registered two new cameras with the code name “N1546″ and “N1610″, Nikon D760 is highly likely will be the one in these announcements schedule.
The key points about Nikon:
- The Nikon camera business is undergoing a major restructuring.
- This is a quote: “bringing in multiple mirrorless cameras at an early stage” – to me this means announcing multiple mirrorless cameras soon.
- Nikon is taking an aggressive approach to rebuild their camera business.
- Nikon has no plans for closing domestic or overseas manufacturing plants at the present time.
- In the future Nikon will concentrate their resources on medium to high-end DSLR cameras and lenses as well as mirrorless cameras.
- Nikon will have fewer models in the future.
- Nikon still wants to develop a high-end compact camera.