Olympus has filed the new patent for Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 100mm f/2.8 Macro IS PRO Lens. This is definitely a PRO grade macro lens rather than a popular price macro lens. Even if it has a price setting close to ￥200,000 (around $1,800), it has the confidence to make a reservation first.
Take a look at the patent details below: (Translated by Google)
- [Publication Number] JP2019-164276 (P2019-164276A)
- [Public Date] September 26, 2019
- [Application date] March 20, 2018
- Macro lens and image pickup apparatus having the same
[Identification number] 000000376
[Name or name] Olympus Corporation
- A macro lens with little aberration variation and high imaging performance and an image pickup apparatus including the macro lens are provided.
This new ED 100mm f/2.8 Macro IS PRO Lens yet not mentioned on the official Olympus lens roadmap: