Fujifilm XF 80mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR Lens Review (by ePhotozine)
John Riley at ePhotozine published the Fujifilm XF 80mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR Lens (Amazon, B&H, Adorama)review saying that the new Fujifilm XF 80mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR Lens is a superb lens, excellent to outstanding sharpness!
Fujifilm XF 80mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR Lens Key Features:
- X-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 120mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- One Aspherical Element
- One Super ED Element, Three ED Elements
- Linear AF Motor, Floating Focus System
- Maximum Magnification: 1:1
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.8″
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Weather-Sealed Design, Fluorine Coating
- Excellent to Outstanding sharpness
- Very low CA
- No distortion, rectilinear
- Excellent build quality
- Dust and weather resistant
- 5 stops OIS
- Beautiful bokeh
- High price
- No distance scale
- No depth of field scale
ePhotozine from Conclusion:
There is no doubt that the Fujinon 80mm f/2.8 Macro is a superb lens, but then so it should be as it is priced considerably above the rest of the market. Unfortunately for Fuji X users, there are limited options, but other marques have all sorts of fine macro lenses available to them. It is hard to find a bad macro lens where they all aspire to excellence, being a flagship optic for most marques.
It’s always a dilemma, but in summary, the lens is outstanding but the price is very high. It will serve those who take the plunge and buy it very well and looks likely to last for many years of hard service.
You can read the full review at ephotozine.