The new Fujifilm GFX 100 medium format mirrorless camera is now officially announced. The US price is $9,999 and it will be released on June 27, 2019. Now the Fujifilm GFX 100 is available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H and Adorama. Order now if you are interested.
- 102MP 43.8 x 32.9mm BSI CMOS Sensor
- X Processor 4 Image Processor
- Removable 5.76m-Dot OLED EVF
- 3.2″ 2.36m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- DCI 4K30 Video; F-Log Gamma & 10-Bit Out
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- 2.16m-Point Phase-Detection Autofocus
- ISO 100-12800, Up to 5 fps Shooting
- 16-Bit Raw Output, Multi Aspect Ratios
- Built-In Battery Grip, 2 x SD Card Slots
Fujifilm launches innovative mirrorless digital camera FUJIFILM GFX100
– Equipped with the large format sensor with the world’s highest 102 million pixels resolution
– Offering fast / accurate autofocus, in-body image stabilization and 4K video capability
– Capturing and recording precious moments at world-leading image quality
Tokyo, May 23, 2019 — FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce the release of the FUJIFILM GFX100 mirrorless digital camera (“GFX100”) in late June 2019, incorporating an image sensor with the world’s highest* 102 million pixels resolution and unique color reproduction technology to achieve the world-leading image quality.
The GFX100 is a flagship model of the GFX Series of mirrorless digital cameras, which have won strong praise from professional photographers and photo enthusiasts alike for the use of a large image sensor, boasting approximately 1.7 times the size of the 35mm full-frame sensor. Among digital cameras equipped with a sensor larger than the 35mm full-frame format, this is the world’s first** model that offers (1) a back-illuminated sensor with phase detection pixels, (2) in-body image stabilization (IBIS) mechanism and (3) 4K/30P video recording capability. The innovative mirrorless digital camera fulfills photography’s intrinsic mission of “capturing and recording precious moments that are never to be repeated again.”
<Innovative features of the GFX100>
- The world’s highest 102 million pixels resolution delivers the world-leading image quality
With the features of the GFX series image sensor which has the a diagonal length of about 55 mm (43.8 mm x 32.9 mm) and is approx. 1.7 times bigger than a 35 mm full-frame format, GFX100 has double number of pixels compared to the current model***. Combining with the unique color reproduction technology, it achieves the world-leading image quality.
- Offering the following three structures / functions for the first time as a digital camera that carries an image sensor larger than the 35mm full-frame format:
(1) Back-illuminated sensor with phase detection pixels
The use of phase detection pixels across the back-illuminated image sensor produces supreme image quality while making AF up to twice*4 as fast as that of the current models***. It also delivers outstanding Tracking AF performance on a moving subject and advanced accuracy in Continuous AF.
(2) In-body image stabilization (IBIS) mechanism
The use of up to 5.5-stop*4 five-axis in-body image stabilization controls pitch and yaw movements (up / down and right / left tilting) as well as shift (vertical / horizontal) and roll (rotational) movements. This dramatically broadens the scope of situations where users can hand-hold the camera and still enjoy the world of ultra-high 102 million pixels resolution.
(3) 4K/30P video recording function
The GFX100 supports 4K/30P video recording, capturing smooth motions at 30fps in ultra-high-definition 4K video. The camera allows users to enjoy beautiful bokeh with shallow depth-of-field and wide tonal reproducibility, enabling premium video production while reproducing detailed textures, three-dimensional definitions and even capturing the atmosphere of the scene.