Fujifilm released a new firmware update version 2.00 for Fujifilm X-T20 and new firmware update version 1.01 for Fujifilm XC 15-45mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS PZ Lens. You can follow the links below to download the firmware updates:
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.11 incorporates the following issues:
- 1.New AF tracking algorithm for moving subjects
Thanks to the newly developed image recognition algorithm, the update enhances AF-C to track moving subjects twice as fast as previous firmware. In addition, the update also enhances tracking to be able to capture up to 50% smaller moving subjects than before.
- 2.Enhanced touch screen operation
The firmware update will add some of the touch screen operation features which are currently available on the FUJIFILM X-E3. These touch screen features include:
1) The Auto Focus area can be moved when in focus zoom with flick operation.
2) Pinch-in/out operation in playback mode will be updated to go from full-frame playback to multi-frame playback (Nine-frame view and Hundred-frame view)
3) Select the frame in multi-frame playback with tap or drag operation or return to full-frame playback by double-tapping
4) Q (Quick) menu selection
5) Input character with touch key-board (*1)
*1：Except for some functions. (ex. SSID input)
- 3.Support “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO”
After connecting a camera to a computer via USB cable, the “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” enables users to convert RAW files with X Processor Pro. Fast batch processing will also be available. The “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” can be downloaded from the FUJIFILM website for free.*”FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO Installer for Windows/Mac” can be downloaded from the URL below.
- 4.Support for backup/restore of camera settings via FUJIFILM X Acquire
Once connecting a camera to a computer via USB cable, the “FUJIFILM X Acquire” allows users to backup/restore camera settings to/from a file. Copying all camera settings from one camera to another is available.
*Settings other than date and custom white balance can be backup and restored.*”FUJIFILM X Acquire Ver.1.7 Installer for Windows/Mac” can be downloaded from the URL below.
- 5.Compatible with the newly developed FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens
The upgrade will add compatibility for the newly developed FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens.
1) When changing the focus mode (AF/MF), the focus ring function (fine zoom adjustment, manual focus) automatically switches.
* Focus ring function when focus mode is “S” or “C”：Fine Zoom adjustment.
* Focus ring function when focus mode is “M”：Manual focus.
2) Memorize the lens zoom position when power off and return to the position when power on
3) Maintain the lens zoom position in playback mode to shorten the startup time for the next shooting
When using the lens, upgrade the lens firmware to the latest version first.
- 6.Improve radio flash controller usability
The upgrade allows users to shoot with compatible third party studio flash in high speed sync. or TTL mode via their radio controllers.
- 7.RGB histogram display and highlight warning
If you press the function button in the histogram, RGB histogram and highlight warning (high brightness portion will blink) will be displayed.
- 8.Enlarged and customizable indicators or information
The upgrade allows users to enlarge indicators and information in the viewfinder and/or LCD monitor. This upgrade will also enable users to customize the location of where the information is shown on the display. When enlarged display, some icons are not displayed like distance indicator, focus frame, focus mode, focus warning, microphone/remote release, AF+MF, button lock and sound and flash indicator.
- 9.AE optimization when face detection
The firmware update Ver.1.01 from Ver.1.00 incorporates the following issue:
- 1.Stability improvement of the lens barrel moving when turning on and off.