DPReview Published the Tamron 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD Lens Review
DPReview has completed their full in-depth review for the Tamron 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD Lens, and the new Tamron 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD Lens achieved an impressive 84% overall score at DPReview.
Tamron 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD Lens Key Features:
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/32
- Ultrasonic Silent Drive Autofocus Motor
- VC Image Stabilization
- Fluorine-Coated Front Element
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Compatible with TAP-in Console
What we like:
- Good sharpness at F4, particularly at the long end of the zoom
- Fringing (chromatic aberration) is well-controlled
- Out-of-focus highlights are impressively smooth
- Vibration Compensation is very effective
- Represents great value for money
- Solid build quality, weather sealed
- Internal zoom and focus
- Distortion well-controlled
- Good minimum focus distance
What we don’t:
- Ergonomics can be hit and miss
- Autofocus motor slower than first-party options
- Shooting at minimum focus distance and max zoom can leave your subjects looking slightly hazy
- Patterns in flare can be distracting
- No focus limiter
- AF can hunt moving from near to far objects
From DPReview Conclusion:
The Tamron 70-210mm F4 represents a fantastic value in its segment. While it isn’t the sharpest option for demanding uses and the ergonomics might turn some users off, the overall image quality, stabilization and inclusion of weather sealing make it a truly compelling option for Canon and Nikon DSLR users. Read the full review at DPReview.
Tamron 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD Lens for Canon EF: $799 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Tamron 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD Lens for Nikon F: $799 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.