DPReview Published Sony a7S III Review (91% Overall Score)
DPReview has completed their full in-depth review for the Sony a7S III mirrorless camera, and the new Sony a7S III achieved an impressive 91% overall score and Gold Award from the experts at DPReview.
Sony a7S III Key Features:
- 12MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- UHD 4K 120p Video, 10-Bit 4:2:2 Internal
- 16-Bit Raw Output, HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- 759-Point Fast Hybrid AF
- 9.44m-Dot QXGA OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 1.44m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- 5-Axis SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Extended ISO 40-409600, 10 fps Shooting
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SD Card Slots
Conclusion from DPReview:
The Sony a7S III is a powerful video tool that can shoot 4K footage at up to 120p (up to 60p with no crop), in a variety of 10-bit formats to provide plenty of flexibility in terms of both grading and workflow. It has dependable autofocus, in-body stabilization and good battery life to boost its run-and-gun credentials. Its 12MP resolution means it’s less impressive as a stills camera but it’s a hugely powerful choice for independent video producers.
Sony a7S III: $3,498 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Read more: Best Lenses for Sony a7S III and Best Memory Cards for Sony a7S III