DPReview Published Panasonic LUMIX S1 Review (88% Overall Score)
DPReview completed their Panasonic Lumix S1 mirrorless camera review and test results: The new Panasonic LUMIX S1 camera gets an impressive 88% overall score and Silver Award from the experts at DPReview.
Panasonic LUMIX S1 Key Features:
- 24.2MP Full-Frame MOS Sensor
- Venus Engine Image Processor
- 5.76m-Dot 0.78x-Magnification OLED LVF
- 3.2″ 2.1m-Dot Triaxial Tilt Touchscreen
- UHD 4K60 Video; HDR and 10-Bit Recording
- ISO 100-51200, Up to 9 fps Shooting
- Contrast-Detect 225-Area DFD AF System
- Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- 96MP High-Res Mode, Dual XQD/SD Slots
From DPReview Conclusion:
The Panasonic Lumix DC-S1 is an incredibly well-built (but heavy) camera with excellent image and video quality. The body has numerous control points and is highly customizable. The S1’s built-in image stabilization is effective, and the camera can use this system to produce ultra-high-res stills. Autofocus is speedy and accurate in most situations, though the continuous AF experience can be frustrating when using the EVF. Video quality is excellent, with 4K/60p support and numerous capture controls, and more on the way via a paid upgrade. While it’s more expensive than its peers, the S1 is great for a variety of use cases, and is worth your consideration if you don’t mind its size and weight. Read the full review at DPReview.