DJI officially announced its highly-anticipated DJI Ronin-S single-handed gimbal stabilizer. The US price is $699 and it is now available for pre-order at B&H. Shipping is scheduled to start on June 11, 2018.
DJI Ronin-S Key Features:
- Three-Axis Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer
- Holds DSLR or Mirrorless Cameras
- Eight-Pound Payload Capacity
- Trigger and Mode Buttons for Control
- Offset Roll Motor for Screen Visibility
- One-Handed Operation
- Battery Grip Lasts up to 12 Hours
- Camera Control via Included Cables
- Includes Focus Wheel
- Additional Functions via Android/iOS App
Designed for DSLR and mirrorless cameras, the Ronin-S combines advanced stabilization, precision control, and manual focus control capabilities in a compact, single-handed form factor. With the Ronin-S, creators can shoot with the freedom of stabilized shots on the move.
The DJI Ronin-S is more than just a miniaturized version of the larger Ronin gimbal stabilizers; it represents a scalable ecosystem for integrating DSLR and mirrorless cameras into professional-grade workflows. The single-handed form factor of the Ronin-S lends itself to lighter cameras. But don’t let its size fool you; the Ronin-S has a lot going on under the hood. Separate modules are available for the handle and accessory docks, allowing you to customize the gimbal based on how you wish to operate it.
Dan Watson has tested DJI Ronin-S with the new Sony a7III: