Canon EOS R5 & EOS R6 to be Announced on July 2, 2020
The latest rumor suggests that the upcoming Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 will be officially announced together on or around July 2, 2020. The release date for Canon EOS R5 & R6 is expected at the end of July for a limited supply.
Canon EOS R5 specifications:
- 44.7/45mp full-frame CMOS sensor
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- 5 stops with IBIS alone
- 7-8 stops of correction when used with in-lens stabilization
- 12fps mechanical, 20fps electronic
- 4K @ 120fps
- 4K @ 60fps
- 8K RAW internal video recording up to 29.97 fps
- 8K internal video recording up to 29.97 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265).
- 4K internal video recording up to 119.88 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265). 4K external recording is also available up to 59.94 fps.
- No crop 8K and 4K video capture using the full-width of the sensor.*
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF available in all 8K and 4K recording modes.
- Canon Log available in 8K and 4K internal recording modes.
- A Canon first, the EOS R5 will feature 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilization, which works in conjunction with Optical IS equipped with many of the RF and EF lenses.
- Dual-card slots: 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II.
- Built-in 5GHz WiFi
- New battery, but the same shape and compatibility with the EOS 5D Mark IV
- US Price is around $4000
- Announcement in July 2020
Canon EOS R6 specifications:
- 20mp full-frame CMOS sensor (not the same as the Canon 1DX Mark III)
- 12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic.
- 4K @ 60p
- FullHD @ 120p
- Dual card slots
- No top-down screen
- Lower resolution EVF than the EOS R5
- Build quality not as good as the EOS R5
- Bluetooth 4.2 (EOS R5 to get Bluetooth 5.0)
- LP-E6NH Battery (Same as the EOS R5)
- July 2020 launch
Stay tuned with us for more Canon Rumors.