Canon EOS R100 & RF 28mm f/2.8 STM Officially Announced
Canon officially announced the new Canon EOS R100 APS-C format mirrorless camera and RF 28mm f/2.8 STM pancake lens. The US price of Canon EOS R100 is $479 and it will be released in July 2023. Now the new Canon EOS R100 & RF 28mm f/2.8 STM are available for pre-order at B&H, Adorama. Order now if you are interested.
Canon EOS R100 body: $479 at B&H, Adorama.
Canon EOS R100 with 18-45mm Lens: $599 at B&H, Adorama.
Canon EOS R100 with 18-45mm & 55-210mm Lenses: $829 at B&H, Adorama.
Canon RF 28mm f/2.8 STM Lens: $299 at B&H, Adorama.
Canon EOS R100 Key Features:
- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- 4K 24p Video with Crop, Full HD 60p
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 143 AF Zones
- 6.5 fps Electronic Shutter
- 2.36m-Dot OLED EVF
- 3″ 1.04m-Dot LCD Screen
- Creative Assist Mode
- Silent Mode for Quiet Operation
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with SD Card Slot
RF 28mm f/2.8 STM Lens Key Features:
- Full-Frame | f/2.8 to f/22
- Classic Wide-Angle Prime
- STM Stepping AF Motor
- Super Spectra Coating
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Customizable Control Ring
- AF/MF Control Switch
- Full-Time Manual Focus Capability
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Canon Introduces its Most Affordable, Compact, and Lightweight EOS R Camera Ever: The EOS R100
The Company Also Announced the Wide-Angle “Pancake” Style RF28mm F2.8 STM Lens
MELVILLE, N.Y., May 24, 2023 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is excited to announce the launch of the EOS R100 camera and RF28mm F2.8 STM lens, two new affordable compact and lightweight tools for entry-level and emerging content creators to elevate their skills.
The Canon EOS R100 camera was designed for new, first-time mirrorless camera or existing interchangeable camera users who previously enjoyed EOS Rebel or EOS M cameras. The camera touts key features such as a 24.2 megapixel APS-C size sensor, the DIGIC 8 image processor, 4K (Cropped) and Full HD (Full-Width) video at up to 24 and 60 frames-per-second respectively, Autofocus with eye and face detection, and Bluetooth™ and Wi-Fi® connectivity capabilities. For users who are making the EOS R100 their first interchangeable lens (ILC) camera, a significant advantage over using a smartphone camera will be lens selection. The EOS R100 is compatible with the complete lineup of RF and RF-S lenses, and EF and EF-S lenses can be utilized when using one of three available Canon EF-EOS R mount adapters (each sold separately). This selection of lenses includes the Canon RF28mm F2.8 STM lens, which was also announced today.
The Canon RF28mm F2.8 STM is a “pancake” style, value lens that targets a wide variety of users, from amateur to enthusiast Full-Frame and APS-C camera users. Key features of the new lens include:
- Minimum focusing distance of 9.1 inches (0.23m) and a maximum magnification of 0.17x
- Retracting feature that helps to shorten the overall length of the lens
- Circumferential manual focus mode/control ring selector
- Gear-type STM motor providing smooth autofocusing while capturing video
- Built-in Control Ring provides quick access to multiple camera controls
- 7-blade circular aperture helps to provide beautifully blurred background and bokeh
Pricing and Availability
The Canon EOS R100 camera is scheduled to be available in July 2023 for an estimated retail price of $479.99 for body only, $599.99 with the RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM lens, and $829.99 with the RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM and RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STM lenses.
The RF28mm F2.8 STM lens is scheduled to be available in July 2023 for an estimated retail price of $299.99.