Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Gets Gold Award at DPReview
DPReview published their full in-depth review for Canon EOS-1D X Mark II full frame DSLR camera. And the new Canon EOS-1D X Mark II (Amazon, B&H, Adorama) DSLR camera gets an impressive 89% overall score and Gold Award from the experts at DPReview.
From DPReview Conclusion:
The EOS 1D X Mark II is a worthy successor to Canon’s 1D series of professional cameras. It gains an improved AF system with greater coverage, significantly improved dynamic range, and a virtually limitless Raw buffer when shooting with CFast cards. Additionally, the camera now includes top notch 4K video with beautiful color straight out of the camera. When combined with Canon’s class leading dual-pixel AF system for video, it’s easy to get great video without being an expert. This is a camera that sports, action, and event photographers will love.
Good for: Sports photographers, event photographers, anyone who needs great quality video without a lot of work.
Not so good for: Videographers who require a deep feature set.
- 20.2MP CMOS full frame sensor with Dual-Pixel autofocus
- 14fps continuous shooting (16fps in live view)
- 4K frame grab allows for an effective 60 fps burst rate, with AF
- Shortest viewfinder blackout times in industry
- Virtually unlimited Raw buffer with CFast cards
- Fast 61-point AF system with 24% more coverage than previous model
- All AF points work down to F8 with proper lens/teleconverter combos
- Center 5 AF points offer high precision with F2.8 and faster lenses
- AF points can be configured to stay illuminated in dark
- Highly customizable AF use cases
- Improved base ISO dynamic range compared to previous Canon DSLRs
- 360,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor
- Spot-metering linked to AF point
- Touchscreen with tap-to-focus
- Configurable Q menu
- 4K/60p video
- Outstanding AF performance in video
- Flicker detection
- USB 3.0
- Optimization of AF settings takes practice and experience
- iTR subject tracking lacks precision and reliability compared to some peers
- AF-C becomes jumpy when set for subjects that change pace
- iTR optimized for erratic subjects can lead to intermittent mis-focus
- AI Servo unavailable for stills in Live View (using Dual-Pixel AF)
- CF compatibility can limit performance when using two cards
- Touchscreen functionality limited
- 4K video limited to Motion JPEG
- 4K/60p video requires CFast card
- No Log gamma, focus peaking, or zebras for video
- HDMI-out limited to 1080 video
So, if you are interested, order immediately so as to obtain this amazing full frame DSLR camera as soon as possible.
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Body : $5,999 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Premium Kit: $5,999 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.