Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens Officially Announced
Canon officially announced the new EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens along with Canon EOS M5 mirrorless camera. The US price of this lens is $549 and it will be released on November 30, 2016. Now this Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens is available for pre-order at Amazon and B&H for $549.
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens Key Features:
- EF-Mount/Full-Frame Format
- Maximum Aperture: f/4-5.6
- One Ultra Low Dispersion Element
- NANO USM Autofocus System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Lens Information Display
- Full-Time Manual Focus
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Capture High-Quality Action Shots and Video From Afar with the New Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM Lens
Affordable Lens Features NANO USM Technology, Enhanced Image Stabilizer and Information Display
MELVILLE, N.Y., September 15, 2016 – Having the right tool for the job has long been the mantra for professional photographers and hobbyists alike. Canon’s wide array of lenses provide users with a variety of creative options to help capture dynamic photos and videos with their DSLR cameras. Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced today the new Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens featuring NANO USM technology for high-speed and near-silent focusing in both still and video modes. The lens also features a new LCD information display and four-stop* image stabilization.
“To help photographers that are striving to create the most amazing pictures and videos possible, Canon is dedicated to developing the best tools to help them with their goal,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “Having this new EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens in a photographer’s camera bag will surely help them achieve their creative vision.”
Designed with the user in mind, this affordable new lens includes technology to spark creativity and deliver excellent image and video quality from afar. This is the second Canon lens equipped with NANO USM technology, a focusing motor that combines the benefits of a ring USM (ultrasonic motor) for high-speed AF during still photo shooting and lead-screw type STM (stepping motor) for smooth and quiet video autofocusing (AF).
Features for the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens include:
- High-speed autofocus for shooting stills and smooth, near-silent autofocus when shooting video is achieved by incorporating NANO USM technology.
- New Lens Information Display shows focusing distance, focal length and shake amount.
- One UD Lens helps reduce chromatic aberration and delivers outstanding high resolution and high-contrast results.
- Image Stabilizer effect at up-to-4* stops of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
Via: Canon USA