The new Canon CR-N700 4K PTZ Camera is now officially announced. The US price of this lens is $9,699 and it is now available for pre-order at B&H, Adorama. Shipping is scheduled to start on December 29, 2022.
Additionally, Canon is announcing the availability of a firmware update for the Canon CR-N500 and CR-N300 PTZ cameras.
- Up to UHD 4K60 Video, HDR Imagery
- 1″ CMOS Sensor, DIG!C DV7 Processor
- 15x Optical & 20x Digital Zoom
- Dual-Pixel CMOS AF with EOS iTR AF X
- HDMI, 12G/3G-SDI & IP Video Output
- XC, RTSP/RTP, NDI|HX, RTMP/RTMPS
- Built-In ND Filters: 1/4, 1/16, 1/64
- VISCA, Serial, FreeD, SRT Control
- Genlock, Dual XLR & 3.5mm Audio Input
- Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
Canon CR-N500 and CR-N300 PTZ Camera Firmware Update
The new firmware update for the Canon CR-N500 and CR-N300 PTZ cameras adds SRT and FreeD protocols. SRT protocol is a widely used video transmission protocol for live broadcasts that provides both low latency and error correction for smooth video over public internet connections. FreeD protocol is also a widely used protocol for transmitting camera positioning information, allowing the camera to be used in virtual applications such as virtual studio systems. Both protocols are supported by the CR-N700, and are now available on the CR-N300 and CR-N500 with firmware version 1.2.0 that is currently available for download.