Nikon D500 Wins the Product of the Year at DPReview Awards 2016
Nikon D500 DSLR camera has won the Product of the Year at DPReview Awards 2016.
DPReview product of the year, 2016:
- Nikon D500
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 II
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V
Winner: Nikon D500
What the E-M1 II is for mirrorless ILCs, the D500 is for DSLRs. Although it lacks a really credible 4K video mode, the D500 is nevertheless an impressive all-rounder, combining some of the best elements of the flagship Nikon D5 with a (relatively) compact APS-C form factor, and a 1.5X focal length increase which is extremely handy for sports and wildlife photography. If you’re looking for a versatile, pro-grade DSLR which will still be current in years to come, the Nikon D500 is about as good as it gets. The Nikon D500 is our product of the year, 2016.
Nikon D500 Key Features:
- 20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 5 Image Processor
- 3.2″ 2,539k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 4K UHD Video Recording at 30 fps
- Multi-CAM 20K 153-Point AF System
- Native ISO 51200, Extend to ISO 1640000
- 10 fps Shooting for Up to 200 Frames
- Built-In Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC
- 180k-Pixel RGB Sensor and Group Area AF
- In-Camera Time Lapse, Up to 9999 Frames
Read more: Best Lenses for Nikon D500.
You can read the full winner list at DPReview.