Metabones Smart Adapter and Speed Booster Firmware Update Released
Benefits and improvements for Micro Four Thirds:
- Support servo zoom, autofocus and auto iris with Canon CN-E 18-80 T4.4 on Blackmagic, JVC and Panasonic (but not Olympus). AF function may require external 5V power supply into the micro USB port of the Speed Booster/Smart Adapter.
- GX7 and GX8 may choose IBIS for still photo and OIS for motion picture by setting the IS switch of the lens OFF, turn on the camera, and then turn on the IS switch of the lens.
- Improves smooth iris response time with Tamron SP 15-30/2.8 VC USD A012.
- Adds GH5 support.
- An irreversible change will be made to the following products which limits the ability to downgrade to version 2.65 but not any further back, even if you have a copy of an older version of Metabones App: Canon EF-BMCC T Speed Booster Adapter (model number MB_SPEF-BMCC-BM1/MB_SPEF-BMCC-BT1), Canon EF-BMPCC T Speed Booster Adapter (model number MB_SPEF-BMPCC-BM1/MB_SPEF-BMPCC-BT1), Canon EF-Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster (model number MB_SPEF-M43-BM1), Canon EF-Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster S (model number MB_SPEF-M43-BM2) and Canon EF-Micro Four Thirds T Speed Booster XL 0.64x Adapter (model number MB_SPEF-M43-BT3).
Benefits and improvements for Sony E-Mount:
- Fixed issue with SteadyShot icon on LCD display of the camera not corresponding to IS switch of Tamron 150-600/5-6.3 VC USD A011 when “choose between OIS and IBIS automatically” is chosen.
- Fixed blackout issue with A7S running Time Lapse application.
- Fixed issue with certain full frame lenses misidentified as cropped lenses (but the reverse may still occur).
- Auto iris, servo zoom, autofocus and custom function button support for CN-E 18-80 T4.4L lens (except Mark I/II/III and original Speed Booster).
- Compatibility fix for Contax N lenses modified by Conurus Canada on CINE Smart Adapter, CINE Speed Booster, Mark V and Speed Booster ULTRA II.
Metabones T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter (Micro Four Thirds): $649 at B&H