Fujifilm FinePix XP130 Officially Announced, Price $229
Fujifilm officially announced the new Fujifilm FinePix XP130 waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof and dustproof camera. The US price of Fujifilm FinePix XP130 is $229 and it will be available for pre-order at B&H.
Fujifilm FinePix XP130: $229 at B&H
Fujifilm FinePix XP130 Key Features:
- 16.4MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- Fujinon 5x Optical Zoom Lens
- 28-140mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Water, Shock, Freeze, and Dustproof
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth LE
- Geotagging Support and Electronic Level
- 10 fps Continuous Shooting
- Double Exposure and Interval Shooting
(1) Four rugged features: waterproof to 20m, shockproof to 1.75m, freezeproof to -10°C and dustproof
The XP130 is designed for ease of use during outdoor leisure activities with features including a grip design for firm one-handed grip and a double-locking mechanism for the battery compartment. The XP130 complies with IP68*5, the waterproof and dustproof protection standards for products. There is no need to worry about water, sand or dropping the camera, making it the perfect first camera for children as well.
- *5Waterproof and dustproof protection standards of products, stipulated by IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission)
(2) Bluetooth® pairing and wireless LAN connectivity with smartphones and tablet devicesfor automatic photo transfer and Instax printing
The newly installed Bluetooth® low energy technology allows automatic and instant image transfer to smartphones and tablet devices by easy paring registration. The technology also syncs the time and location information from your device and attaches it to images. To utilize this feature, users can download the free “FUJIFILM Camera Remote” app to their smartphones or tablet devices and easily transfer photos and videos in the camera to the device by downloading directly.
(3) High-performance sensor and lens with unique color reproduction technology for premium image quality
The XP130 is equipped with a 16.4 megapixel back-illuminated CMOS sensor and FUJINON’s 5x optical zoom lens with the zoom range starting from 28mm*6 on the wide angle side. The optical zoom range can be doubled to 10x with Fujifilm’s Intelligent Digital Zoom technology. The camera also has an optical image stabilization mechanism to produce sharp images even in low light conditions. Fujifilm’s years of experience are reflected with its color reproduction technology ensuring beautiful colors in any conditions.
- *635mm format equivalent.
(4) Compact and lightweight design for outdoor activities and large 3.0-inch 920K-dot LCD monitor
The XP130 has a large 3.0-inch 920K-dot high definition LCD monitor in its compact and lightweight body of just 207g. Since the monitor inhibits light reflection, users can comfortably check composition and pictures taken under bright daylight or underwater. Despite its compact body, the operation buttons have been created in pursuit of optimal size and position, enabling smooth operation even if wearing gloves while skiing. A space to place one’s fingers have been secured in front of the camera’s body to allow it to be held at the ready even with one hand.
(5) Versatile shooting functions to upgrade your photography
The newly installed Electronic Level on the XP130 is a particularly useful function for capturing horizontal subjects, such as beautiful landscapes or solid architecture. The Eye Detection feature helps to capture portraits easily by automatically focusing on the eyes of the subject. The XP130 offers a variety of other exciting features including the Cinemagraph mode, which produces still images with moving elements, the Time-Lapse Video function, which automatically converts images taken by the camera using the interval timer to video formats and the Burst Mode of up to 10 frames per second shooting, and smooth full HD video recording of 60 fps.
- *As of 24th January
- **Using measurement method MIL-Standard 810F Method5 16.5-Shock of the “MIL Standard”, a standard stipulating the durability of supplies procured by the American military, set by the United States Department of Defense.
- ***Android™ smartphone and tablet terminals, iPhone / iPad.
- *4Including battery and memory card.