Best Lenses for Sony A6000
Best Lenses for Sony A6000 mirrorless camera. The Sony a6000 (Alpha 6000) is a super-compact mirrorless camera that’s about half the size and weight of a typical DSLR and it has seriously fast continuous shooting and impressive image quality for the money (179 AF points and 11 Fps). The Sony a6300 is very popular because of its compact, easy to use, fast shutter speed and great resolution. The interchangeable lenses and E-mount system make the a6000 more versatile than almost any other camera on the market.
Here are the top recommended lenses for Sony A6000 mirrorless camera, including leading prime and zoom options from wide-angle to telephoto. You can choose the one you need.
Best Lenses for Sony A6000
All-In-One Lenses for Sony A6000
Sony 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 OSS ($748): From sweeping landscapes through portraits to sports and wildlife, Sony 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 lens will cover it all. The perfect travel and walking around lens. It has fast focus and does capture sharp images and comes with OSS when natural light is low. It is extremely convenient.
|Sony 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 OSS||$748||Amazon|
Best Prime Portrait lenses for Sony A6000
Here are the recommended standard prime (portrait) lenses for Sony A6000. Choose the one you like best.
- Sony FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA ($898): Five Star! Sony FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA lens is the must need lens in your bag if tou can afford the price. Excellent lens! A bright lens like this is also an advantage when shooting indoors or outdoors in low light.
- Sony 50mm f/1.8 ($248): If you can’t afford Sony FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA lens, you can get this great 50mm f/1.8 lens instead! This 50mm mid range telephoto lens offers a focal length that is perfect for portraiture and a range of other subjects, a bright F1.8 maximum aperture, Optical SteadyShot (OSS) image stabilization and impressive image quality, all in a surprisingly compact and lightweight package.
- Sigma 60mm f/2.8 DN($239): Great Lens! The superior telecentric optical design improves the image quality throughout the frame. The optical design also allows the lens to be compact and lightweight.
|Sony FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA||$898||Amazon|
|Sony E 50mm f/1.8 OSS||$248||Amazon|
|Sigma 60mm f/2.8 DN||$239||Amazon|
|Zeiss Touit 32mm f/1.8 E||$620||Amazon|
|Sony E 35mm f/1.8 OSS||$398||Amazon|
|Sony FE Sonnar T* 35mm f/2.8 ZA||$798||Amazon|
|Rokinon 50mm f/1.4||$399||Amazon|
|Sigma 30mm f/2.8 DN E||$169||Amazon|
Best Wide-Angle Lenses for Sony A6000
Below are top recommended wide-angle lenses for Sony A6000 mirrorless camera.
- Sony 10-18mm f/4 OSS Lens ($748): This super wide-angle zoom lens is perfect for taking photos of sweeping landscapes and producing striking images with emphasized perspective. Currently, it is the top wide-angle zoom lens for Sony a6000 mirrorless camera.
- Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8 Lens ($699): With an angle of view of 99 degrees, fantastic imaging performance and light weight, the Touit 2.8/12 wide-angle lens will soon become a firm favorite, particularly for landscapes and architectural photography. Sharp and faster than the Sony 10-18mm above.
- Sigma 19mm f/2.8 DN Lens ($199): Great wide-angle prime lens for Sony E-mount cameras with a 28.5mm focal length equivalent. Maximum aperture of f/2.8 is effective in low light situations and able to create lovely shallow depth of field images
- Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC Lens ($339): If you love manual focus wide-angle lens, you can try the Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 lens with a considerably cheaper price.
- Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 ($898): This high-performance Carl Zeiss wide-angle prime lens delivers superior corner-to-corner sharpness even at the maximum F1.8 aperture. It also focuses as close as 16cm providing an unusual combination of close focus and wide-angle perspective. The 24mm focal length is an excellent choice for general shooting.
|Sony 10-18mm f/4 OSS||$748||Amazon|
|Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8||$699||Amazon|
|Sigma 19mm f/2.8 DN||$199||Amazon|
|Rokinon 14mm f/2.8||$339||Amazon|
|Sony FE 28mm f/2 Lens||$448||Amazon|
|Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 E||$898||Amazon|
|Sony 20mm f/2.8 E||$348||Amazon|
|Sony 16mm f/2.8 E||$248||Amazon|
Best Zoom Lenses for Sony A6000
Below are top recommended zoom lenses for Sony A6000.
- Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS ($1,398): If you want a telephoto lens with superior performance, the best option is the FE 70-200mm f/4. The small size, versatile 35mm focal length, and outstanding overall performance of this Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* lens make it an ideal match for Sony FE and APS-C mirrorless cameras.
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS ($998): The only lightweight, compact standard zoom with a constant f/4 aperture. The latest advances in optical design technology have made it possible to deliver prized Carl Zeiss contrast and clarity in a high-performance mid-range zoom. Four aspherical elements combine with one ED glass element to bring you breathtaking rendering.
- Sony 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 ($348): This 55-210mm lens offers a superb balance of form and function: ample zoom range in a compact design that is lightweight and remarkably comfortable to hold and operate. Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system makes it possible to produce sharp images even when shooting handheld in low light.
|Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS||$1,398||Amazon|
|Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS||$998||Amazon|
|Sony 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3||$348||Amazon|
|Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS||$1,348||Amazon|
|Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS||$498||Amazon|
|Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS||$1,198||Amazon|
|Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens||$998||Amazon|
|Sony 10-18mm f/4 OSS E||$748||Amazon|
|Sony E 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3||$748||Amazon|
|Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS||$298||Amazon|
|Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS||$598||Amazon|
|Sony 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS||$748||Amazon|
|Tamron 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III VC||$739||Amazon|
|Sony E 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6||$298||Amazon|
Best Macro Lenses for Sony A6000
Below are recommended macro lenses for Sony A6000 camera.
- Sony FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens ($498): A normal-length prime with close-focusing capabilities, the Sony FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens offers an impressive 1:1 maximum magnification, along with a 6.3″ minimum focusing distance, for making life-size imagery of close-up subjects. It can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS Lens ($998): Optimized for macro shooting, the full-frame 90mm medium telephoto macro E-mount lens features built in image stabilization for sharp, clear images at up to 1:1 magnification, even when shooting handheld. Sharp in-focus rendering is achieved with a floating focus mechanism that suppresses aberration equally at all focusing distances, whether the subject is far away or extremely close. Finally, a handsome and sturdy build with a dust and moisture resistant design contributes to the overall quality and durability of this fine optic.
- Sony 30mm f/3.5 Macro Lens ($253): The Sony 30mm f/3.5 Macro Lens has been designed to offer versatile, high-performance macro capabilities in a lens that is compact, lightweight and easy to use. It is a true 1:1 macro lens with a 3.84″ (9.5cm) minimum focussing distance that allows tiny subjects and details to be rendered with excellent resolution and contrast. But it also functions as an excellent “normal” lens for day-to-day shooting, and a smooth, quiet internal lens drive system makes it suitable for shooting movies as well.
|Sony 30mm f/3.5 Macro||$253||Amazon|
|Sony FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro||$498||Amazon|
|Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS||$998||Amazon|
|Zeiss Touit 50mm f/2.8 Macro||$999||Amazon|
Best Telephoto Lenses for Sony A6000
Below are top recommended telephoto lenses for Sony A6000 with affordable price.
- Rokinon 135mm f/2.0 ED UMC Lens ($549): Rokinon 135mm f/2.0 ED UMC Lens is a manual focus telephoto prime lens useful for portraiture and most telephoto applications. It expresses vibrant color and soft out-focusing area which makes it the best lens to shoot portrait, night scenery, wild-life and journalism photography.
- Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 AS IF UMC Lens ($299): The Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 Lens for Sony E Mount is a manual focus, manual aperture, APS-C format telephoto prime lens with a focal length equivalent to 127.5mm in the 35mm format. It is ideal for portraiture and other telephoto applications. Its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is very effective in low light situations and provides shallow depth of field focus.
|Rokinon 135mm f/2.0 ED UMC Lens||$549||Amazon|
|Rokinon 85mm f/1.4||$299||Amazon|
|Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS||$1,098||Amazon|
|Sony 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3||$348||Amazon|
|Rokinon Reflex 300mm f/6.3 ED UMC CS E||$299||Amazon|
Hot Sony Cameras:
Sony A6000 Body: $548 at Amazon.
Sony A6300 Body: $998 at Amazon.
Sony a6300 with 16-50mm Lens: $1,148 Amazon.
Sony a7RII: $3,198 at Amazon.
Sony a7II: $1,698 at Amazon